glibc patch

Frederick Grim fgrim at norby.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 18 16:43:35 PST 2003

So Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au> was all like:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:22:13PM -0500, Frederick Grim wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> >   I don't know if this is the proper forum to submit this but I think so.  I adapted the
> > blowfish encryption stuff for glibc from the Owl distro to patch cleanly against
> > glibc-2.3.1.  I would appreciate anyone's feedback.  This patch will allow for blowfish
> > encryption on passwords among other things.  I am thinking of writing a hint on
> > this...Again I would appreciate any feedback.
>
> This would be well suited to a hint. Ensure to put in there some rationale
> behind it and also some selling points why anyone would want to use it and
> possibly even why it is not included in mainstream glibc. And some means of
> testing it would be a nice addition.

I am trying to work with Owl's tcb package...however I need to spend some time coming up
with a tcb aware shadow... as far as I can tell it is supported partially in some of their
own shadow sources but I am having troubles rejigging the patches...hopefully I will get
some time tonight to work on it.  Once I come up with that patch I can write something
closer to a full blown hint that people can test...sorry for the premature patch posting.

Fred