Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 18 17:26:05 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

>Tush, far out man! Was hoping for something a bit more "user-friendly" :-/
>That sed is equivalent in hack value to my miniperl thing :)

Over the years (well ok one year;), I have reached the conclusion that
the only reliable way to get the perl build to obey your commands is "to
sed it out", even though the sed's turn out to be a little hairy:-) The
Configure script does accept some options from the command line, but
ignores some of them (like the libc setting). Same is the case with the
extensions.

My aim is to build the entire /stage1 before chrooting and then not have
to change anything in /stage1 one you chroot.

>For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to disable the building of the
>extensions automatically. If I go through the Configure interactively, it
>gives me the option to enter in "none" so that no extensions get built. Bah,
>it's a fk'n nightmare.. I give up.

Yep, it is a nightmare. Tried many things before I finally settled for
sed as the optimal solution.

My aim is to build the complete /stage1 before 'chrooting' so that there
is no need to mess with it after chroot (similar to the current /static
scenario).

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/