pure_lfs hint updated

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Feb 19 08:07:45 PST 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Greg Schafer wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have updated:-
>
>  <snip>

> http://www.zipworld.com.au/~gschafer/pure_lfs.txt
>
> This is almost ready for submission. Would be interested to know if folks
> have built full systems with the hint and if final outcome is good, bad or
> indifferent. The problems reported so far have not been related to the hint
> itself (sorry to jump on you Jules :-)

In your chapter 6 install of binutils, I notice this line omitted.

    make tooldir=/usr install-info &&

Intentional or?? The install-info is still in the 20020209 (my latest)
local copy of the book.

When this pass gets done and bootable, I'll do it all again with the
latest hint applied (this one does have the previous mini-perl). Of course
with all that blazing horsepower (233.862 MHz, 466.94 bogomips) it will be
done in shooooorrrrrrrtttttt order! :-)

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com