pure_lfs hint updated

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 19 10:22:47 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

> - moved miniperl from Ch 6 to Ch 5 and added patch

I finally settled for the following instructions for my installation, I
went for sed instead of a patch for the reason I mentioned before.

    b_prefix=/stage1 &&
    cp hints/linux.sh hints/linux.sh.orig &&
    chmod +w hints/linux.sh &&
    sed -e "s@/lib/@$b_prefix/lib/@g" hints/linux.sh.orig \
     > hints/linux.sh &&
    ./Configure -d -e -s -Doptimize="-O2 -pipe" \
    -Dprefix=$b_prefix -Dldflags="-s" -Uinstallusrbinperl \
    -Uusedl -Dlibpth=$b_prefix/lib -Uglibpth -Ulocincpth \
    -Uloclibpth -Uxlibpth -Dusrinc=$b_prefix/inc &&
    make &&
    make install

Notes:

    * The sed for linux.sh does change some lines that don't need to be
      changed, but there are in the comments section anyways.
    * Some of the undefines (-U) for the configure script may not be
      needed, but I didn't want to leave anything pointing to the host
      partition.
    * The -Dusrinc is an additional switch (compared to my previous
      post); it changes the location where perl finds the system headers
      (time.h, etal).
    * I went for a full install perl to avoid problems at a later stage,
      if any.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/