Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Feb 19 18:38:37 PST 2003

Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:13:24PM -0500, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> >
> > Yippee! ;) I'm throwing my i586 at 133 at it now and will likley do
> > the same on my iBook when it gets its rebuilds in the not _too_
> > distant future.
> >
> > My comments'll likely be in several pieces since this machine's slow.
>
> [....]
>
> > (I think) i know where to get the binutils patch from reading the
> > lists, but (unless i'm blind, which is possible) the Hint doesn't
> > give the location.
>
> No, it's there, look harder :-)

I _knew_ blindness was a possibility :) Here's something more useful:

hint> SPECFILE=/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/*/specs
hint> [....]

Not all of us live in the modern age :) Or the ix86 world, for that
matter. I use an i586-pc-linux-gnu and a powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu.
So maybe:

SPECFILE=/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*-*-linux-gnu/*/specs

I get the impression Ryan's script supports NLS. I would be interested
in seeing that in the hint.

On a related note, can anyone give me a quick instructions for testing
basic NLS functionality? I'm a clueless American ;) so i don't know
what i'm talking about, but i'm thinking of something like
``LANG=fr ls --help'' or some such.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org