pure_lfs hint updated

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Feb 19 20:45:30 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:07:45AM -0500, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> In your chapter 6 install of binutils, I notice this line omitted.
>
>     make tooldir=/usr install-info &&
>
> Intentional or?? The install-info is still in the 20020209 (my latest)
> local copy of the book.

Yep. Intentional. Not needed anymore with recent binutils. Someone brought
it up recently and filed a bug. Of course LFS is in pre-release freeze so...
But I should make a note.

> When this pass gets done and bootable, I'll do it all again with the
> latest hint applied (this one does have the previous mini-perl). Of course
> with all that blazing horsepower (233.862 MHz, 466.94 bogomips) it will be
> done in shooooorrrrrrrtttttt order! :-)

Still plodding away with a Celeron 533 here. I think I've waited long enough
for an upgrade :-) For the amount of compiling I do.. I really should.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org