pure_lfs hint updated

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Feb 19 20:58:02 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:22:47PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I finally settled for the following instructions for my installation, I
> went for sed instead of a patch for the reason I mentioned before.
>
>    b_prefix=/stage1 &&
>    cp hints/linux.sh hints/linux.sh.orig &&
>    chmod +w hints/linux.sh &&
>    sed -e "s@/lib/@$b_prefix/lib/@g" hints/linux.sh.orig \
>     > hints/linux.sh &&
>    ./Configure -d -e -s -Doptimize="-O2 -pipe" \
>    -Dprefix=$b_prefix -Dldflags="-s" -Uinstallusrbinperl \
>    -Uusedl -Dlibpth=$b_prefix/lib -Uglibpth -Ulocincpth \
>    -Uloclibpth -Uxlibpth -Dusrinc=$b_prefix/inc &&
>    make &&
>    make install

For scripting purposes, I definitely agree with your methodology. But for
user-friendly hint and/or book purposes I think the patch is best for now.

>    * The -Dusrinc is an additional switch (compared to my previous
>      post); it changes the location where perl finds the system headers
>      (time.h, etal).

AFAICT, we can get away without it. Also, I think you meant
"-Dusrinc=$b_prefix/include" ?

>    * I went for a full install perl to avoid problems at a later stage,
>      if any.

I'd be interested to know of any specific problems. The miniperl seems to
have all the functionality we need up until the real perl.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org