pure-lfs - using binutils-2.13.90 series

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Thu Feb 20 01:59:23 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 08:08:36AM +0000, Richard A Downing wrote:

>> I did some tests, it's the -all-static that it doesn't like!
>
> Richard, check out this post. It may help.

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/02/0000.html

Greg,
Thanks, Oh Great Toolchain Co-Guru, that does it.  After the configure add
'make configure-host' and then the make will accept '-all-static' in
LDFLAGS.

I did do a search, but not for that header, and HJ's README is somewhat
light - there is no INSTALL at all - I guess you just need to read all the
lists.

Just a simple point, I think that the pure-lfs hint needs to say 'don't
forget to unpack glibc-linuxthreads' at the beginning of Chapter5 -
Installing glibc.   As there are no chapter 5 LFS instructions to read in
parallel.  I just know that I'll forget - Again!

Thanks (and Ryan) for the hint: this is like starting LFS all over again.
Proper fun.

--
cheers,
Richard.