/etc/shells

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 20 07:12:36 PST 2003

On February 12, 2003 07:26 am, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> installs a particular program then IMHO it should do everything else
> required to enable those programs to work.  As this is such a trivial

The issue I have with that statement is that we'd write a second book just to
cover all that. Instead we just stick to the absolute essentials
(nsswitch.conf, syslog.conf, inittab, setting up keyboard, etc). Configuring
every single program is a huge undertaking to add to the LFS book. Instead
it's probably a lot better for various reasons (educational value included)
to have people configure the software _they use_ for themselves.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org