Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 20 07:57:10 PST 2003

On February 14, 2003 06:02 am, Greg Schafer wrote:
> If this ever gets integrated into the book, it will drastically reduce the

I'm actually hoping to add it to CVS very soon now. It will wait for a few
more weeks for logistic reasons (the prime one being that I'm moving in a few
days and won't have an Internet connection for about week after I move. More
on this in a separate email).

> I'm still tempted to write a shorter version which doesn't go into as much
> detail and doesn't take as much care, but still utilises all the same
> principles. This shorter version could go into the book in a snap and would
> instantly be a huge win over current LFS.

Ok that doens't sit well with me. It sounds to me as though that shorted
document would cut some corners (you actually uses that phrase (shorter doc
will cut corners)a while ago). What will be the impact of the shorter
version? If the short version goes in the book, would people still be
interested in the longer version in the form of a hint?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org