Potential Speedup - gcc-3.2.x compiling large c++ projects

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Feb 20 09:02:41 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 04:45:56PM +0000, Ian Molton wrote:
> I still do!
>
> If I *ever* get my A410/1 running linux the first thing Im doing is
> re-coding half the graphics libraries in assembler. they are
> PATHETICALLY slow without an FPU...

FPU? We don't need no FPU!  Oh wait...people don't know what an integer is
anymore.  Hmm, and all GPU's use integer math iirc.  Seems like a waste to do
graphics in floating-point if it's gonna be an integer anyways.

Remind me what proc the A410/1 ran?  68k == king in my book :)
<advocacy> Noone's made a better CISC processor before or since </advocacy>

-Justin
--
Registered Linux user 260206

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org