Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Matt Reppert arashi at yomerashi.yi.org
Thu Feb 20 09:49:29 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:40:45 -0500
Justin Hibbits <jrh29 at po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:33:17PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > Just a thought that occured to me while reading the various "Pure LFS"
> > threads.  Now that everyone seems convinced we're building a more
> > reliable toolchain using this method do you think that any of the LKML
> > or toolchain guys would be interested in taking a look at the proposed
> > method and provide feedback.  Or are they too adamant to remain on their
> > high-horse and continue to discredit LFS?
> >
> > Matt.
>
> Haven't you learned by now that if it doesn't come from redhat, the LKML dudes
> don't want anything to do with it? :)

No. And as a reader and occasional contributor to lkml, and someone who only
uses Debian and LFS, I think you're wrong, even though you're joking -_^

Actually, Rusty Russell, the new modules system maintainer in 2.5, is a Debian
guy. Also, the Gentoo release manager used to hang out in the offtopic IRC channel
associated with #kernelnewbies.

Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org