Pure LFS - good to go

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 20 10:06:21 PST 2003

Matt Reppert wrote:

>Possibly. I haven't had time to look at purelfs yet ... how close is it to
>some of the established distro build sequences? And more importantly, what
>sort of fixes against *known release bugs* are we incorporating? Not all
>toolchain errors are due to compiling stuff wrong, after all.

I agree. There are many patches against the released versions
incorporated by redhat, mandrake, gentoo and debian which never make it
to the released versions or are incorporated very late.

Maybe we could have a lfs-patches list and/or
patches.linuxfromscratch.org site that would collect patches that are
significant. something similar to the hints.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org