Pure LFS - good to go

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 11:03:48 PST 2003

"Jeroen Coumans" <jeroencoumans at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:3E5520BF.90706 at gmx.net...
> I agree with Tush that we should have an lfs-patches mailinglist where
> patches from vendors can be evaluated and added.

+1 here!  It would also allow us to incorporate security related patches
(from bugtraq, et al.) in the event that an official release isn't
available at the time of a new LFS revision.

> It scares me that
> important things like the above aren't fixed. I assume it's something
> that Alan also implied in his criticism against LFS's toolchain.

Assumptions & implications...easily avoidable if Alan would have come
straight out and said something like "Until LFS fixes their toolchain
(it's broken because of X)..." then we'd all be the wiser.

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org