Pure LFS - using HJ's Binutils-2.13.90.0.18

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Thu Feb 20 12:39:27 PST 2003

In chapter 6, Binutils-2.13.90.0.18 fails to build because lex and
yacc/bison are not available.  Strangely the 'devolved' configure in
binutils-build/binutils shows a fail in config.log, but this doesn't stop
the build.  The build fails because the Makefile variables $YACC and $LEX
are unset - they are passed to a script binutils-2.13.90.0.18/ylwrap which
then fails 'cos it can't find program ""!  Someone forgot an assertion,
methinks.
So I guess this means build m4, bison, and flex in chapter 5.  Unless
someone knows how to make HJ's binutils build without them.
I have just built the three packages in chapter 6 before binutils.  This
works, but will they need rebuilding after binutils/gcc?  I think not, my
toolchain in ppuurree.

--
cheers,
Richard.