Pure LFS - good to go

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Feb 20 13:26:15 PST 2003

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> This begs another question...when is it that the upstream developers
> finally put patches like this in.

Just for the record: the rtsig.dpatch I attached was taken by Debian out
of glibc-CVS (prob. the 2.3.2 branch). So the problem is fixed, it's
just not released yet. But that doesn't give us an excuse for knowing
about bugs but not fixing them because there's no new release available.
In the past patching had been done on a "ad-hoc" basis: someone found a
patch and passed it on. A list as lfs-patches could be the
infrastructure needed to collect, test and discuss patches, just as
lfs-security. OTOH this will also cause more fragmentation, and people
can always send patches to lfs-dev... (I'm now wondering why everybody
thinks we need lfs-patches to discuss patches... ). I guess we just need
more people looking at those patches... :(
Well, here's hoping that after the pure_lfs method is implemented, the
build method is perfect so community efforts can target developer patches :)

Hmm isn't there allready a patch-list we can take advantage of? Like
Debian's or Gentoo's?

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans