Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Alex Groenewoud krisp at wanadoo.nl
Thu Feb 20 13:43:59 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:28:12PM +0100, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> > One suggestion: instead of using "/stage1" as the name for the
> > directory with temporary stuff, use "/scaffolding".
>
> Thanks Alex for the suggestion. It also occurred to me there may
> be some confusion with the gcc stage1 bootstrap.

Especially since STAGE1_CFLAGS is being used.

> But we've
> already changed it once and and will probably leave as is for
> now.

Well, as it has to improve, better give Gerard something good to
improve upon.  How about "/thetools"?

If not that, then maybe "/framework", or "/staging", or "/trellis",
or simply "/stuff"?

> 'Tis only a hint afterall.

Only a hint!?  My, are you being modest.  It is *the* hint since
Matthias' keeping-separate and package-users.

Alex
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org