Pure LFS - good to go

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 14:22:46 PST 2003

"Jeroen Coumans" <jeroencoumans at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:3E5547F7.5040603 at gmx.net...
> Hmm isn't there allready a patch-list we can take advantage of? Like
> Debian's or Gentoo's?

>From a (very) quick scour of the available lists at debian I've come up
with:  debian-gcc, debian-glibc, debian-toolchain,
debian-security-announce.  Full details available at
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe.  For gentoo there's only
gentoo-security unless someone wants to wade through gentoo-dev - see
http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml.  For redhat there's
a full list.  For slackware there's slackware-security
(http://www.slackware.com/lists/).  I'd imagine that these lists would
discuss the patches that would arise from the various issues brought up
in them, but as for dedicated "patch-lists" I couldn't see any.  I think
Greg's already subscribed to some (or all?) of the toolchain specific
lists, so between those and the ones listed above I think LFS could be
kept busy.  There's also the lists mentioned here:
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive for security specific issues.  For
distro specific patches the only thing I can think of is to continually
monitor the various distro's ftp sites to see what patches have been
added and why, assuming these aren't already caught and discussed by any
of the lists above.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org