Pure LFS - good to go

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 20 14:27:48 PST 2003

Matthew Burgess wrote:

>This begs another question...when is it that the upstream developers
>finally put patches like this in.  Surely it would be better to fix the
>problem at its source, rather than have to provide a cure for a symptom
>caused by the original package?  This is especially so if most if not
>all the "regular" distros are having to include the same patch.  I know
>we don't live in a perfect world, but somewhere closer than this has got
>to be achievable, no?

I think there was an article on slashdot(?) a few moons back on how the
patches by the distros are not sent back to the package maintainers and
hence never get incorporated into the mainstream. The article mentioned
linux kernel patches but indicated that it was the case for many other
packages.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/