vim patch no longer needed

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Thu Feb 20 15:25:03 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> So, is it still needed for gcc-3.2? Somebody please test this and let me know.
For normal builds it isn't necessary anymore, but
i still use it, because i patch my vim with patches from ftp.vim.org
After i patched my vim (341 patches from ftp.vim.org),
the make command starts autoconf which locks up. If apply the patch it
executes make succesfully. I haven't looked into this very deeply so i
don't know why it works.

<OFF TOPIC>
Another point I discovered is that after patching vim with the patches
from vim.org the make CPPFLAGS=-DSYS_VIMRC_FILE=\\\"/etc/vimrc\\\"
command doesn't work anymore, due to changes in a couple of files. So i
patch src/os_unix.h  instead.
</OFF TOPIC>

Greetings Arjan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org