grep-2.5.x and the failed tests

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Thu Feb 20 16:10:20 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On February 17, 2003 04:38 pm, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>
>>Since I have to do a full rebuild now anyway, will test it out tonight :-)
>

> And the verdict is?
>
> Recommend using --with-included-regex on grep or not? I'm not looking for a
> definitive answer, just something to put in Bugzilla.
I would vote for the use of --with-included-regex and if possible the
upgrade from grep 2.5 to grep 2.5.1. See result below.

Greetings Arjan

**** Result different build of grep ****
chapter 6 grep 2.5:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin &&
    make &&
    chmod +x tests/*.sh &&
    make check
result:
    Spencer test #55 failed
    FAIL: spencer1.sh
This is a change in the way regex interprets this illegal pattern.
New regex correctly reports the error and exists with errorcode 2 in
stead of 1. Regex code included with grep will cahnge soon, and then the
test will be updated

    FAIL: backref.sh
This is a bug in current glibc regex code.

chapter 6 grep 2.5:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin --with-included-regex &&
    make &&
    chmod +x tests/*.sh &&
    make check
result:
    Spencer bre test #16 failed
    FAIL: bre.sh
Is a fault in testsuite not important.

chapter 6 grep 2.5.1:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin &&
    make &&
    make check
result: same as first grep 2.5 build with same configure flags.

chapter 6 grep 2.5.1:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin --with-included-regex &&
    make &&
    make check
result: all test pass.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org