Pure LFS - good to go

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 20 22:34:50 PST 2003

On February 20, 2003 10:13 pm, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I was hinting at just collecting the patches similar to how the hints
> are collected. All the patches would be "use at your own risk". The
> process for incorporating a patch into the book would still be the same
> as it is currrently.

I don't think it's a bad idea. It could just be a dumping ground, but I don't
think anybody should expect a certain level of period checking, evaluating,
etc. We just don't have the resources. But at least it'd be a central place
where all kinds of patches can be sent to and you can pick and choose.

Would we want a separate blfs-patches too then (I know OT for this list, but
while I'm at it the BLFS core team can mull over it and bring it up on
blfs-dev if they see fit. I'm not going to cross-post it).

Let's give it some thought. At the earliest something like this can be setup
after March 1st.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org