compiling glib-2.3.1 with gcc-3.2.2 --enable-oldest-api=2.2.5 problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 21 09:38:09 PST 2003

On February 21, 2003 08:33 am, mclinden at informed.net wrote:
> experience with LFS versions 2 and 3 but 4 has been problematic (I suspect
> that the toolchain issue has something to do with it).

What kind of problems have you been experiencing exactly? Yes, the toolchain
build in the 4.x series leaves some to desired, but fundamentally it's not a
whole lot different from the LFS-3.x series. Sure a bit different, but any
major problems are more likely to stem from newer versions and their own bugs
than from the build method. The current method is fragile, but if done
properly it's not entirely brain dead either.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org