Pure LFS - good to go

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 21 10:12:31 PST 2003

On February 21, 2003 11:07 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> It can be set similar to the hints section, people submt hints to the
> list and it is posted to a website by some maintainer(s). There can be a
> template defined similar to the hints template. Also, the list could
> contain both lfs and blfs (so maybe the name could be just patches at lfs
> or submit-patches at lfs..).

I thought about that, but patches may have a lot of meta-data associated with
them, such as test cases, more notes what a patch does, bugs in the patches
themselves, and so forth. It's easier and quicker to add a note to Bugzilla
rather than having to submit a patch-hint that has to be comitted to CVS
and/or website.

I think a WiKi style would work best for these patches, but I then prefer
Bugzilla over it. Gives us easier control of closing a patch (ie it's
invalid, or has been fixed in a package's next release)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org