Coreutils - incident of note

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 21 10:48:02 PST 2003

On February 21, 2003 11:15 am, John Nielsen wrote:
> Note that it didnt fail from within my slightly non standart LFS... It only
> failed from within my Mandrake-9.0.

Well I ran the test on my LFS system and I had the same symptoms. It locked up
for a few seconds in which time it managed to use up 512 MB of RAM and about
100 MB of my remaining swap. A few seconds later the process was killed.

I doubt this is normal.

I've extracted the code from the configure script and attached it to this
email. Maybe a better programmer than I can take a look and see what's going
on.

www.linuxfromscratch.org