$PATH problems

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Fri Feb 21 13:10:49 PST 2003

> On February 21, 2003 11:34 am, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand what you mean. www.linuxfromscratch.org currently
> > doesn't have Indexes enabled so it returns an error unless there

Good, good. I'm pretty sure it didn't when i tried it.

> Ok my apologies. I didn't see that the patch created an index.shtml file. Your
> patch makes a whole lot more sense now that it does create one.
>
> The patch doesn't work as intended, but that's just a problem with the tables
> you copy-n-pasted from the old files. What we get now are 6 columns
> horizontally aligned that has all the info. What we want is just one table
> that contains all.

Hey, it's novel that way. Kinda modern y'know?  Seriously, i've
fixed it now. It took some standing on my head to work around the
includes which i can't test directly, but it's done.

> Also, there are a few textual things that need to be fixed too.
>
> * The post address for every list should be mentioned.

Doesn't the "welcome to" message give the post address and don't
we discourage posting unless subscribed? If so, it seems to me that
the post address shouldn't be mentioned. I'll wait for your verification
before adding this.

> * When people send an unsubscribe or subscribe attempt to the list itself, it
> never arives on the list. Listar is configured to block them (and send them
> to me in case it's false alarm and wasn't an actual (un)subscribe attempt
> after which I can moderate the message and have it go through anyway).

Okay, i've removed that note.

> If somebody wants to make these changes and also fix the tables in the newly
> created index.shtml file, please be my guest. Else it's going to have to wait
> a little while longer.

That somebody would be me, naturally :)

I have also updated the menu.

cheers,