Pure LFS - good to go

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Fri Feb 21 13:20:28 PST 2003

> On February 21, 2003 11:07 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> >
> > It can be set similar to the hints section, people submt hints to the
> > list and it is posted to a website by some maintainer(s). There can be a
> > template defined similar to the hints template. Also, the list could
> > contain both lfs and blfs (so maybe the name could be just patches at lfs
> > or submit-patches at lfs..).
>
> I thought about that, but patches may have a lot of meta-data associated with
> them, such as test cases, more notes what a patch does, bugs in the patches
> themselves, and so forth. It's easier and quicker to add a note to Bugzilla
> rather than having to submit a patch-hint that has to be comitted to CVS
> and/or website.

If i was a "patches maintainer", i would find it easier and quicker
to work it like the hints are than Bugzilla. I don't know whether
that's true for Tushar.

I think the hints are more accessable to users that Bugzilla.

> I think a WiKi style would work best for these patches, but I then prefer
> Bugzilla over it. Gives us easier control of closing a patch (ie it's
> invalid, or has been fixed in a package's next release)

I've never seen a comprehensible, clean WiKi. Maybe there's just
something i don't know.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org