Pure LFS - good to go

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 21 21:33:57 PST 2003

On February 21, 2003 10:23 pm, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> submit-patches or something simlar makes it easy to guess that the list
> is not for patches related support. On the other hand, if it ok to have
> the discussions on the list, then patches is a better alternative.

Discussing the patches is a 'touchy' area. Some discussion would probably be
best suited on the lfs-dev and blfs-dev lists, other might not be.

We should probably initially discuss all patches on the *-dev lists because
they will always at first be potential patches to be included in one of the
books. But if we deem it more of an optional patch, discussing it could be
moved to the patches list.

I think that'll work and I vote for calling the new project simply "patches".
If everybody agrees I'll go ahead and setup patches.linuxfromscratch.org, the
patches@ mailinglist, newsgroup. I'll hold off with CVS until we find we need
it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org