Potential Speedup - gcc-3.2.x compiling large c++ projects

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 22 10:42:41 PST 2003

On February 15, 2003 08:38 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> This patch caught my eye:-
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2003-02/msg00155.html

Now the good thing about that patch is that it is making it into the main
stream GCC too.I asked on the GCC list what would happen with this patch and
one of the guys emailed me back (to the gcc-patches list actually) that this
patch has been obsoleted by a change to make these garbage collector values
configured based on the machine's physical RAM. That seems the best solution
for sure.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org