pure-lfs suggestion

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 22 14:39:17 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 03:08:34PM +0100, Christian Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> shouldn't we add "--enable-kernel=2.4.20" to the pure-lfs glibc compile
> instructions? IMHO the majority of the LFS users don't need the old
> compatibility stuff of glibc. We should at least tell the user that
> there is such an option and let him decide to make use of it or not.
>
> What do you think about it?

I've used "--enable-kernel=current" for at least 2 years and never had a
problem with it. There used to be a warning in the book about it, but it was
based on misconceptions and was thus removed. Ulrich Drepper even recommends
using it and he should know what he's talking about.

I'll make an optional note in the hint. Thanks.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org