Pure LFS Hint - good to go

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Feb 22 20:45:00 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 06:47:32PM -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On February 22, 2003 08:07 am, Archaic wrote:
> > I don't think the book itself should mention the shortcut. I
> > envision a newbie seeing it as "Hey! It's good enough _and_
> > quicker!" regardless of
>
> Sure, but it's their own choice in the end right? We're all adults
> (well most of us I guess) and can make our own choices. If we end up
> in trouble we'll have learned to take advice from people who know what
> they are doing.
>
> But to hide or obfuscate information isn't the way to go.

Hmmmm.... I didn't even see that angle. :) The picture in my head at the
time of writing was an endaround of all the hard work and testing which
could likely produce an inferior LFS leaving the project open to more
unspecified criticism.

I guess I'll take advice from people who know what they are doing, and
try to see all the angles next time. :)

--
Archaic

--
..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has any Right
to but himself.  The Labour of his Body, and the Work of his Hands, we

- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org