Could you stop the AC bashing, please!

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Feb 23 03:02:18 PST 2003

It seems like every second sentence I read these days contains a flame
towards Alan Cox in some form. You get the impression that he is our
arch-nemesis and we've dedicated our lives to fighting him, or that he is
some kind of über-father whose recognition and acceptance we desperately
crave.
Isn't it enough that some people who built broken (aka tweaked, aka
customized, aka optimized,...) LFS systems have ruined the reputation of
the LFS book on lkml? Do we now need to demonstrate that even the people
developing LFS are an immature bunch of kids, not to be taken seriously?

Please, I do not want to read Alan's name ever again on this mailing list.
Greg should never have used him to propel the pure LFS idea and for that
matter he should never have named it "pure LFS".
A technically sound idea needs neither flames nor a ridiculously religious
sounding name in order to be accepted.

LFS is a book. It's not supposed to be an attitude, a religion or a
surrogate family. Some people seem to need reminding of that fact.

MSB

--
A psychologist is a man who watches everyone else when a beautiful
girl enters the room.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org