Could you stop the AC bashing, please!

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Feb 23 03:59:49 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 12:02:18PM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> It seems like every second sentence I read these days contains a flame
> towards Alan Cox in some form. You get the impression that he is our
> arch-nemesis and we've dedicated our lives to fighting him, or that he is
> some kind of ?ber-father whose recognition and acceptance we desperately
> crave.

Agreed. Animosity towards AC has never been my intention at least. Just the
opposite. You won't find me ever criticizing him.

> Isn't it enough that some people who built broken (aka tweaked, aka
> customized, aka optimized,...) LFS systems have ruined the reputation of
> the LFS book on lkml? Do we now need to demonstrate that even the people
> developing LFS are an immature bunch of kids, not to be taken seriously?

MSB, YOU built the broken systems! Yes you! You're the one now sounding like
a spoilt little child. Grow up!

> Please, I do not want to read Alan's name ever again on this mailing list.
> Greg should never have used him to propel the pure LFS idea and for that
> matter he should never have named it "pure LFS".
> A technically sound idea needs neither flames nor a ridiculously religious
> sounding name in order to be accepted.

Now, THAT, is the biggest load of inflammatory FUD I've ever heard. MSB, I
can only sense that you are feeling sour grapes because somehow the pure LFS
stuff has insulted your past efforts. That is not the case! It's all about
improvement! Get with it son!

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware that English may not be your first language
and you do extremely well normally. But time and again you've demonstrated
to somehow misconstrue the meanings behind peoples words. Citing that "pure"
is somehow religious demonstrates that you've totally lost the plot. TIP, go
to http://www.m-w.com/ and look it up.

> LFS is a book. It's not supposed to be an attitude, a religion or a
> surrogate family. Some people seem to need reminding of that fact.

Ok, you've had your say. Now can you go away, take a cold shower, a few deep
breaths, then come back when you've something constructive to say?

Greg

PS - I've broken my golden rule here by reacting to a flame. Apologies to
everyone. I will NOT say any more on this ludicrous subject. <reminder to
self - just hit the DEL key - repeat - just hit the DEL key>
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org