pure-lfs static? hash-ch6?

Ronald Hummelink ronald at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 23 06:02:37 PST 2003

Hello Greg, Ryan, List,

I have been following pure-lfs for a while, but couldn't try it out
until this weekend because of very busy week with work.

I was trying to build a pure-distcc-host (chapter 6 with just
glibc/binutils/gcc + distccd) that can run chrooted to make sure distccd
cannot reach 'bad' compilers and stuff/ easy to put on a machine and
run.

While doing this i run into these 2 questions:

Why does stage1-pass1 build statically at all? host libs get used in
these binaries one way or the other?

After installing gcc in chapter 6 from the interactive shell i still got
the stage1 gcc.. this is of no issue in the subshells spawned, but
still, stage1 disables hashing to even avoid it on the interactive
shell. Should ch6 disable hashing too?

Ronald

waiting down the mountain...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org