*sigh* (was: Re: pcre-4.0 has been released)

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Sun Feb 23 06:09:14 PST 2003

  It was supposed to
> imply that the newbies (or majority of them) don't use the archives as
> much as they should, and therefore as an under-used resource could be
> considered for removal.

Of course we could do something REALLY RADICAL, and document how to use the
archives effectively to solve common probelms, rather than just telling
newbies - 'there's an archive on this URL... go use it.'

But of course useful documentation is not for Linux hackers, they like
un-indexed, un-crossreferenced,
in-a-format-that-you-ain't-got-the-reader-for-and-which-you-can't-find-the-source-for,
you-have-to-know-what-you-want-before-you-can-find-it
junk.

And then they can make sarcastic jokes about newbies on mailing lists, and
feel superior.

--
cheers,
Richard.