Could you stop the AC bashing, please!

Nathan Ladd nathanladd at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 10:19:11 PST 2003

Rob Park wrote:

> Alas! Greg Schafer spake thus:
>> Ok, you've had your say. Now can you go away, take a cold shower, a
>> few deep breaths, then come back when you've something constructive
>> to say?
>
> Uh, what?
>
> Greg, this isn't like you. Not as far as I know, anyway.
>
> At any rate, I don't think it was called for. In fact, I think that
> kind of mail is the entire thing that MSB is trying to stop -- why are
> you acting this way? It certainly does not earn the LFS book any extra
> respect from the rest of the linux community.
>
> I think that we should just make the book as good as we can make it,
> lkml be damned. If the system works, the system works.

He *did* spend a lot of time working on Pure LFS which is objectively an
improvement.  MSB's post *did* blur the line between criticizing
behavior on mailing lists and Greg (and Ryan, among others; Greg was
mentioned specifically) and his hard work.

(I wish these things never happened on ml's and people could go back to
work productively)

--
Cheers,
Nathan Ladd (ThanatosNL)