Could you stop the AC bashing, please!

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Feb 23 15:01:46 PST 2003

> improvement.  MSB's post *did* blur the line between criticizing
> behavior on mailing lists and Greg (and Ryan, among others; Greg was
> mentioned specifically) and his hard work.

All I did was criticize behaviour. I never criticized Greg's or anybody's
work. Read my message again. I called pure LFS <quote>a technically sound
idea</quote><paraphrased>that does not need to be promoted with
flames</paraphrased>.

MSB

p.s.: I've replied to the other messages in private. If anybody needs
clarification of what I meant, mail me, not the list. I'm not subscribed
to lfs-chat (and of course I won't subscribe just to participate in a
flame war).

p.p.s.: Because the 2 main points of my message were probably lost, I'd
like to repeat them here:

a) I do not want to see any more flames, mild or strong, against Alan Cox
on lfs-dev. This damages the reputation of LFS.

b) I would like "pure LFS" to be renamed to an unambiguously technical
name without "moral dimensions".

I think these are very reasonable points and I'd like to have them
discussed as such.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org