pure-lfs static? hash-ch6?

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Feb 23 18:13:52 PST 2003

> > Why does stage1-pass1 build statically at all? host libs get used in
> > these binaries one way or the other?
>
> It's a good question. I've thought along similar lines myself at times. I
> think part of it relates to taking shortcuts. If skipping the pass 2
> binutils and gcc, the pass 1 versions need to be static inside the
chroot.
> But it should be possible for the pass 1 versions to be shared. It's just
> that we haven't tested it :) Ryan may want to add something here.

OK, haven't explained this one well, and quite possibly it is a redundant
remnant now...

The aim early on in the piece was to keep anything built ch5 against the
host systems libraries static so they would be self contained.

Its a moot point really as we install over the top of them again later.

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org