Pure LFS and NLS

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Feb 23 20:44:29 PST 2003

> If one were to not want any NLS at all...
>
> - use --disable-nls for everything
> - not install gettext
> - don't install the locales
> - use that gcc configure switch
>
> is that all that is required... and what is the configure switch? this
isn't
> exactly pure lfs related, but there is much nls discussion among pure lfs
> threads

Yeah, that'd pretty much do it... some make checks may not work though, I
haven't tested without nls for quite a while.

I think you are looking for the switch which sets the c locale to posix

> also, will pure lfs use the 90.x binutils ever?

The build will be updated to reflect the changes made to the way the HJ
binutils configures at some point, check the recent posts in regard to
using HJ's builds...

The pure LFS build isn't tied to any particular package version, its just
another build order that should hopefully require little to no changes in
the future apart from package version number.

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org