Could you stop the AC bashing, please!

David Lautenschlager david.lautenschlager at mcdata.com
Mon Feb 24 09:11:10 PST 2003

This is another example of the devolution of the english language. By allowing people to attach their own conotations to words we strip them of their original meaning. If we restrict the use of the words to only those cases where the conotation applies, we loose that word as a tool for accurate communication.

I sugest that we encourage the use of the word "pure" outside the context of intolerance, hate, racism and discrimination so that we can reclaim it for its original general use as a communication tool. We should not allow "aryans" and scientologists to steal our language from us.

David Lautenschlager

-----Original Message(Relavent portions only)-----
From: Matthias Benkmann [mailto:matthias at winterdrache.de]

The word "pure" is often used in a context of intolerance, hate, racism
and discrimination, e.g. "pure Aryan". It also strongly reminds me of the
Scientology word "Clear".

MSB

SPECIAL NOTICE
All information transmitted hereby is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of confidential and privileged information is prohibited. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s) or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s).

You may not distribute or copy the confidential and privileged portion of this communication to another. Anyone who receives confidential and privileged information in error should notify us immediately by telephone and mail the original message to us at the above address and destroy all copies.

To the extent any portion of this communication contains public information, no such restrictions apply to that information. (gate01)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org