Bug in net-tools' build system?

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Mon Feb 24 13:08:26 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-03 20:40, /me wrote...

> > Your test was to say 'y' to mii-tool, right? Here it builds mii-tool:
>
> hmm, strange. So something's wrong on my end.

Wasn't really, I found the problem:

current LFS CVS instructions for net-tools are "make && make update",
which is wrong (see the file INSTALLING in the tarball).

Using the current method, you can specify any options you like, make
will only use and build the default ones.

Correct instructions are: "make config && make && make update".

Bye,
Oliver
--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon   | Reg. Linux User #198843            http://counter.li.org