Ch5 script updates and a new(ish) ch6 script

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Feb 24 14:53:28 PST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Greetings again all,
>
> Last post didn't make it under the file size radar :-/
>
> Updated scripts attached (gzipped)
> Only minor changes to the ch5 script, this should be pretty much final
> (hopefully, I've said that before :-/)
>
> # Modified: 2003-02-23 - Add creation of nsswitch.conf and the
> #                        copying of the referenced files (services etc)
> #                      - Add tgz support to unpack_tarball, bugfixes
> #                        and fix some more of the logging stuff
> #                        Bill Maltby (lfsbill at wlmcs.com) (Thanks Bill)

There is a statement missing from this update that *may* have a
bad effect on your testing of this script.

Just ahead of these lines:

   unpack_tarball () { # ${1}=<package-${PACKAGE_VER}>
      # Easier add of .tgz
      local archive=`ls -t ${TARBALLS}/${1}.?(tgz|tar.gz|tar.bz2) \

you may need to add this line

   shopt -s extglob  # Note: this has global effect.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org