Could you stop the AC bashing, please!

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Mon Feb 24 17:42:00 PST 2003

Ok I'll add my voice to this silly debate (just once) in hopes we can
drown it by sheer weight of opinion.

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 06:03, Richard A Downing wrote:
> Just because you misunderstand the meaning of a word does not justify
> changing it.  'Pure' means 'not polluted', amongst other things, a good
> meaning in the context, clear and communicative.

I agree completely with Richard and the many other people who've said
this.  When I first saw "Pure LFS" I never thought anything negative
about it.  To me it suggests some idea of "self-contained", not having
bits of bad code that have snuck in from somewhere else.

And now, getting off topic more than a bit...

> For the record, I am still 'gay' when I'm 'happy', even though some, indeed
> many, people have stolen this fine old English word to indicate a sexual
> inclination.  (And I mean no disrespect to those of that sexual persuasion)

I see your point but I think you've lost that battle already, Richard.
Let's work on trying to save the meaning of "hacker" instead, or trying
to keep "e-mail" as an uncountable noun. :)

(Replies redirected to lfs-chat)

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting