Pure LFS Build

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Wed Feb 26 05:38:08 PST 2003

Okay,

This is a heads up on a problem I encountered building pure LFS and
relates to the Chapter 5 stuff being built shared.  Using Mandrake 8.2
as the donor distro.

Findutils looks for libintl during the configure and finds it on the
host, the resultant binaries are linked to libintl.so.1.0.1 which is not
built/installed by gettext-0.11.5 because we have a glibc system.

The answer is to build findutils in chapter 5 with:

	./configure --prefix=/stage1 &&
	make LIBS= &&
	make install

or build it statically as per the books instructions.

--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org