libiberty.{a,h} again..

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Wed Feb 26 18:51:52 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On February 13, 2003 11:43 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
>
>>Can anyone put up a good case why we should keep libiberty? The fact that
>>both gcc and binutils install libiberty.a is a bug in both packages IMHO.
>

> The lack of good cases makes me think nobody has one, or don't even know what
> libiberty is all about (which isn't a suprise either. It's all hairy stuff).
>
> I vote for removal unless and have made a note in Bugzilla of this, but
> there's plenty time left to re-evaluate.

Hi,

I was just compiling nmap and i saw its configure script checking for
libiberty.h. It doesn't include it in the tarball, so it must use the
one provided by the system (binutils version). I don't know much about
libiberty, or if nmap really needs it and i'm too tired to check it out
right now. But when i saw configure checking for this header i rememberd
this thread and thougth u guys should know.

	Greetings Arjan

--
This signature has been infected by the signature virus.
Please help me spread and copy me to your .signature
E-mail  	: ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org