Pure LFS Build

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Feb 27 15:07:07 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 06:23:51PM +0000, Steve Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 23:22, Greg Schafer wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the report Steve. Will look into it. This may be yet another
> > reason to upgrade to findutils-4.1.7 :-) Could you test that and see if the
> > problem persists?
> >
> Done. No problems with 4.1.7.  I think 4.1 is just showing its age, 8
> years old IIRC.

I took a look at the 4.1 configure script and couldn't really see where it
was going wrong. But I'm sure it's the check for strftme:-

# strftime is in -lintl on SCO UNIX.

Like you say, the configury dates from 1994 and is just
plain wrong. Gerard has been threatening to move to 4.1.7 for ages now so
I'd just wish he'd hurry up and do it! :)

And I don't know how old Mandrake 8.2 is, but having libintl installed seems
plain broken to me..

We may just bite the bullet and stick 4.1.7 into the hint. I've been using
for close to a year and have no major problems with it.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org