Pure LFS - configuring for target

Adam Trilling agt10 at columbia.edu
Fri Feb 28 09:52:38 PST 2003

I'm actually working on compiling LFS using FreeBSD (without Linux
binary compativility) as a host right now to arrive at this sort of
pedantic host independence that pure_lfs seems to promise.

I haven't gotten far, as it isn't so easy to make an ext2/3 filesystem
using FreeBSD (e2fsprogs complains about the device not being a block
device).  Unless anyone has any brilliant ideas, I may just use knoppix to
fdisk my target disk and make filesystems because I'm more interested in
the compilation details.

But if anyone cares, I'll let you know how far I'm getting as the weekend
progresses. :)

adam