New package installation page format

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 1 01:16:34 PST 2003

Alas! Gerard Beekmans spake thus:
> On December 31, 2002 06:49 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > I found that the info in the INSTALL file is a bit weak.  There is no
> > complete example and no pointer to a list of recognized parameters.  I'd
> > like to see a little more elaboration here.
>
> That probably applies to a lot more packages so we can start augmenting the
> installation explanations with our own tidbits of info. This new layout paves
> the way to do that nicely and logically.

Alright, I admit that I like what you've done there. I was afraid you'd
be removing the explicit commands and replacing them with the equivalent
of "yeah, just do this, that, and the other thing, then you're set".

I think the explanation of the locales would go better in a hint that
could be referenced by the book. It doesn't seem appropriate to stuff
the book full of internationalization tidbits ;)

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org