New package installation page format

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Jan 1 05:57:48 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On January 1, 2003 02:16 am, Rob Park wrote:
>> Alright, I admit that I like what you've done there. I was afraid you'd
>> be removing the explicit commands and replacing them with the equivalent
>> of "yeah, just do this, that, and the other thing, then you're set".
>
>Just playing the devil's advocate: there's something to be said for that "now
>configure the package with the usual /usr prefix". Would be a good excersise
>for people to get used to memorizing these things, will make life easier down
>the road.

The benefits of that are substantially beyond "memorizing". The process of
the brain going "? Oh yeah, I remember that from..." and then going back
and re-reading or copying and pasting will enhance other indirectly
related information and the "concepts" begin to seep through to the
"foundation" levels of knowledge. It is upon the foundations that further
knowledge is built and accelerated.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com