New package installation page format

jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu
Wed Jan 1 06:42:02 PST 2003

>> as long as the text doesn't include something like
>> "<blah blah>; rm -rf /; <blah blah>"
>> lazy people like me will be fine.

> Installing Gawk-3.1.1

*takes a deep breath and crosses fingers*

smaby:~$    Warning: do NOT run make uninstall on this package if you apply the patch to
bash: Warning:: command not found
smaby:~$ change the
bash: change: command not found
smaby:~$    libexec directory definition. The uninstall rule in the Makefile file runs a
bash: libexec: command not found
smaby:~$ command like
bash: like: command not found
smaby:~$    rm -rf <libexecdir>/* Since we change the libexec directory to /usr/bin it'll
>  run rm -rf
>    /usr/bin/*
>
> '
bash: libexecdir: No such file or directory

It hangs up on the single quote (forgot about those; probably shouldn't
have them in a published book anyway), but fortunatly, the <libexecdir>
creates a syntax error and rm fails.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org